Monday, August 30, 2010

I HATE IT!!!

I hate trying to get the kids signed up for school. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!...can you feel me screaming? I originally went to the schools when Dave and I were here house hunting. We picked up all of the registration information. I filled all of it out. I was giving health papers for physicals for Ashton and Craig (Made since because Ashton was at the time going to kindergarten and Craig 6th grade -- both transition grades). Dave turned everything in to them when he was up here working. We should have been all set right. WRONG! I have made phone call after phone call last week trying to get school schedules, bus schedules, and a meeting set up for me to go over medical for Nathan. It has been like pulling teeth. Friday I found out that Nathan needs to get a physical (why wasn't I given the paper work in June?) So I set up and appointment. Then today I find out Daniel needs a physical too. GRRRR This is not the first time we have spoken, this is not the first time you have looked at our info. Why did I just find out TODAY!!! They will not give a schedule until we do it. They are not giving us time to get this all worked out. I call and make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon but school starts Wednesday. He won't be given a schedule in time to have it in hand and be semi comfortable going to school. So we went by the school to try and get it all worked out. They said if we could prove we had an appointment tomorrow they will start to make him a schedule. So I had to call the Dr. office and ask them to fax over proof. Come to find out the lady who set up our appointment had deleted us off of their records. They had part of the family signed up under them but not Daniel and Nathan. No, when I made an appointment they actually erased us. WHY!!!! So I think that is worked out and they should be faxing over proof of the new appointment. Now to the most frustrating problem. I find out TODAY, not the multi times I spoke with them last week, but today that Craig's school has nothing. Well I take it back they can find half of the info Barnett sent them. Not all of it but half. They can't find any of the paper work I filled out and they can't find the physical. At this point they are looking and will get back to me. I am just banging my head against a wall and getting no where. As a mother all I want are my kids to have a schedule and be able to go to school on the first day like everyone else. If you even knew the problems I had trying to set up an appointment for Nathan's medical stuff. I finally had to say that legally he had a right to go to school on the first day. They agreed and finally set up the meeting. It is today. Pray it goes better then everything else. THIS IS GETTING CRAZY AND NOW I WILL JUST GO CRY!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Good call, throw the legal bit in their face and they will jump through hoops for you. Good luck with the rest!

Terri Burnett said...

Sorry to say it, but some people only work under threat of the legal system. Also sorry to say that you have to go to bat for your children because no one else is going to. Good luck!
You're a great mom.

Debbie Ingles said...

I am so sorry. It just doesn't seem to be getting easier. Hang in there, you are doing great. Love you

Lhone said...

so frustrating. Good luck.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Can't believe all you have had to deal with. Hopefully, they will make an effort now that it is the eleventh hour. Good luck!