Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day of new friends

The kids and I had such a nice day yesterday. We played almost all day long with new friends. For a Mom it is so nice to see and a huge relief. It gives me hope that we will be happy here.

First we met up with a couple of families at the pool. Crystal and her children came and then a new friend Diana and her children came. Together there were 10 kids enjoying the day. After swimming Daina and her kids came over to our house. We just relaxed, watched a movie and let the kids play. Nathan and Ashton both talked about how happy they are to make new friends.

After dinner I took the kids outside to play. I talked Daniel into knocking on our neighbors door to see if they could play too. He looked scared but did it. They came outside and other children were out there too. So everyone had a great time. I even joined the boys in a baseball game. Which surprised them and made a few neighbor kids laugh. I was not an asset to the team!

Dave is now home and that is a relief to me. So today I have woken up feeling relaxed, peaceful, and hopeful. I think we can make this place work for our family.

I have been going back and forth about putting Ashton into kindergarten. I will feel one way and then another. Dave and I had finally decided not to put her in but with her make friends that will go to kindergarten I was debating it again. Dave is totally against it so I think we will stick with our decision to keep her home. I am going to look into putting her in dance classes or something so she will be able to be with other kids. Then her and I will do school at home. She just isn't ready to be gone from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm every day. I hope I am making the right decision.

Does anyone else feel like every decision you make for your children will effect their whole lives? Does anyone else feel like if they make the wrong choices they can ruin their kids lives? I always feel so stressed that I won't do the right thing. Motherhood, it is never easy.

2 comments:

Jurney Eve said...

I know exactly how you feel. I question every decision I make when it comes to my children. I'm always worried that even the smallest decision might mess them up in some way or another. Ha ha ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there.

Lhone said...

that is a LONG day for a little girl. I would debate it too. If it was only a partial day, then send her, but all day? good luck. I feel the same way about motherhood. so many ways to mess up the kid's lives, but I bet the spirit would stop you from doing anything really bad. Glad you are making friends. Good job Daniel on being brave enough to knock on doors.