Saturday, August 14, 2010

Misquamicut Beach

Is that a long enough name for you? Misquamicut Beach! So fun but who names these places. Today we went with the youth in our ward to the beach. It was so relaxing and fun. I enjoyed chatting with a couple of women and the kids had a blast with friends and jumping through the waves.
We weren't sure how Ashton would do at the beach. Will the water be too cold? Will the waves be too big? Dave took her down and the first thing she did was chase the water as it went out. While she was running she tripped. The next wave came in and went right over her head. Dave thought, "Oh, we have been here for 5 minutes and it is already over for Ashton." But she surprised him by getting up and trying again. She had a blast running jumping and playing in the water.

Asthon playing tag with the water.


Looks like Ashton is it!

Yeah!!! We love this!

The water turned out to be nice and warm (well maybe not warm but not too cold either). The waves were about 2 feet high. It was 85 degrees with a little breeze. It turned out to be a perfect day!
Nathan had a great time digging and playing in the sand...

jumping through the waves...

and even having a few catch him!

Daniel and Craig took to the waves. They used a couple of buggie boards and went for it. Looked like little California Dud's here in Connecticut.
Here comes the wave.

Yes! We caught it.

WooHoo!

Let's do that again!!!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Oh My Gosh!!! That looks like so much fun. I want to live with you. I am so jealous. The kids are really having a blast. Love Grandma C

Lhone said...

i didn't know you could go to the beach on the east coast. I thought it was supposed to be cold. looked like fun.

Cynthia Hatch said...

I was surprised about the water temp too. I guess it all depends on the jet streams. Is that right? I don't actually know what I am talking about. :-)

big8smiley said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm surprised the water was warm, I would think the opposite. Your family is cute. :)

Michelle said...

I have seen a number of Beach posts on various blogs lately and I am totally in the mood to go to the beach. the boogie boards look fun. Mostly it looks cool and refreshing and here we are dieing in the heat and humidity. YUK