In sacrament meeting today they spoke on trials. One quote was, "Come what may and love it." It really spoke to me and the trials I am facing lately. Some trials are so big that I don't know if this quote really works for them. But with my normal daily trials I thought it was perfect. Love this new place, love these new experiences, love the chance to be more independent, love the people out here, love who we can become. Come what may and love it.
This was my first week being in the nursery. Boy am I tired. It takes so much energy and we had one boy who cried the whole time. So that was my job today. To hold, love, and cuddle this little boy. My arms are sore and tired. This was only his second week coming so we have hope that in time it will go better. When his mother came he happily went to her and waved goodbye to me. I'm not sure if he loves me or hates me. But every time I tried to put him down he would go into a panic scream. So of course I would pick him back up. Well I think I might just go and take a nap. I worked hard.
2 comments:
I love your philosophy, and you will find that you will find the blessings, the strengths and joy that come from the hard trials too. Besides, hard trials are usually a series of smaller trials that seem to combine into one huge trial.
And you and the little boy will have a special bond. Keep up the good work.
The "come what may" attitude is a difficult one to have in the midst of a trial. But, I was talking to my friend the other day about how glad she was that she had cancer because of how much she had grown over the past year, and how much she has learned, and learned to understand other people and their circumstances. Yikes, it was amazing to talk to someone like that.
Good luck in nursery. I've been the mom of the kid that screams. Nursery leaders like you are saints to a mom like that. Keep it up.
Post a Comment