Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friday Fun!

Friday night I was baby sitting for a lady in the ward. She has 2 girls (4 & 6 yrs old) and 1 boy (10 yrs old). The kids were very excited for them to come so Craig and Daniel made their bed into a big pirate ship with life boats and everything. The life boats were working boats since the little ones would get in them and the bigger boys would pull them around through the water. They had a few pirate fights in the room. Lots of shooting going on. I had to pretend that I didn't care what their room looked like after (boy was I a good mom). Daniel and Craig had also made a treasure hunt for everyone to go on. I agreed to provide the treasure, cookies. They all loved going on an adventure.



Treasure hunting at it's best!




We then played outside. The girls even took their baby exploring through the "woods".


Once it started to get late we came in to watch "Peter Pan". It was the movie done in 2003. It is probably my favorite version of Peter Pan and the kids were just pulled right into the story. I recommend it to everyone.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad that night went so well. Its because you are a good mom and let creativity trump organization. Looks like the kids had a blast.

Terri Burnett said...

What a great mom you are! I am so proud of you. It looks like the kids really had a good time, and that's what counts!

Lhone said...

look at you getting involved in the ward. babysitting? wow. I love how big the field is, tons of room for them to run.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Walking through the woods? Playing on the grass? What a great place for a treasure hunt!

Kelly P said...

I love the way your place looks in the yard. It's like living in a miny forest. That was one of my favorite parts of living in Murry.