Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The classics

Last night we watched Back to the Future as a family. It was the first time the kids have seen the movie. They loved it. Dave and I had fun remembering all of the famous scenes and lines in the movie. But we had even more fun watching the kids watch the movie. They were laughing and excited and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. Tonight we are going to watch Back to the Future II and tomorrow we are watching III. Did you realize the movie was made 25 years ago. WOW!

The boys are on a Monopoly kick. It has been cold and rainy here so the kids can't go swimming or play outside. On Monday after my head was going to blow up from hearing Rock Band and PS3 all day I told them to find a board game to play. Our neighbor Devon was over at the time and the 3 boys decided on Monopoly. They had a blast. Then yesterday Devon came over with his cousin so they could all play. Right now the boys are setting up the game and getting ready for their friends to come over today. It is soooo nice to see kids interacting with out a TV, computer, PS3, or other video stuff. Basic Monopoly has grabbed their attention. Yeah!!!

This week must be about playing and watching the classics!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Last night I went to pick up the kids from a friend's place and they were playing Carrum. I am not sure I spelled that right, but does Dave remember having that game? The kind of pool game but instead of balls it had little rings you hit into pockets. The board also had other games like checkers etc. on it. Anyway, that also brought back memories!

Kelly P said...

Sounds pretty fun. I'm super glad the kids have picked it up Monopoly. It is nice to see children interact without technology...:)

Heather - said...

We had that game!! I love when the kids are entertained by things like that :)

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

I'm impressed they were so into Back to the Future. I had to watch it about 4 times to figure out the whole space continuim thing, but then...