Saturday, July 24, 2010

Toilet Problems

The little problems never seem to end. Last night the toilet was over flowing and I didn't know. I was in the middle of making dinner when someone from downstairs knocks at our door. They said that their ceiling was dripping. I run into the bathroom and sure enough it is totally flooded. Dave fixes the toilet and the boys and I used every towel in the house to clean the mess. Later that night a handy man comes to the house. The people downstairs had called them. He looked at the toilet and said that it had a really slow flow to it. He asked if someone had flushed something down the toilet like a toy. I told him that my kids are too big for that and that the toilet has always flushed that way since we moved in. He asked how long we have lived here. I said a little over 3 weeks. He said that it was probably from the people before. We now can't use that bathroom for the weekend and he will be back on Monday to snake it. Really who were these people who lived in the apartment before us and never, ever had anything fixed! I felt bad for the people downstairs but what can you do?

3 comments:

Kelly P said...

ugh...seriously! I hate things like that! I think the people before you were seriously irresponsible. I can't believe the way they must have lived.

I'm really sorry you're having to deal with that. I'd be crying...alot!

Mom said...

I think the Condo is irresponsible. They should have checked everything before you moved in. I would definitely be crying and yelling.

Lhone said...

always an adventure at your house. yikes.