The first thing I noticed about our ward was that most of them arrive to church late. When it was 9:00 a.m. I looked around the sacrament room and counted 31 people. I started to wonder a little. But by the time they were done passing the sacrament their was about 80 - 90 people there. So a small ward but not too small.
I think we are going to really like our ward. Everyone was very nice. The kids seemed to settle in with their classes (Ashton had a few tears but then did fine). One family even invited us to dinner. So later today we will be getting to know a family even better. The kids and I are excited. Dave looks like I am making him walk the plank. He hates to leave his comfort zone. But if we are going to make friends we have to. So he is forced to be social with us.
Love you all and have a happy 4th of July!
...Later today...
We had a great time this evening. It turned out to be the bishops family that we went to. All of their children are older then the kids except for one boy who is Craig's age. Everyone seemed to get along and we enjoyed a very relaxing evening! I am glad we are in a good ward.
4 comments:
I agree, what a beautiful family. Glad Church went so well. How nice to be invited for dinner. How many people could "just" invite six people over for dinner? Not me today; we had leftovers. Of course, it was leftovers for 15, but still...I couldn't have invited 6 more over.
Love you lots, Grandma Hatch
That is a great family picture. You ought to frame it. It is so pretty, and the kids all look so nice. That was really nice of the Bishop. It won't be long before you have callings. So did you double their primary?
how nice of them to have you over. i would NEVER think to invite a new family over. so nice.
You look so beautiful...
Post a Comment