Friday, July 23, 2010

Cheap Labor

The other day I was watching Supper Nanny and got the idea to let the kids make their own lists of what they thought needed to be cleaned in each room. If they made a good list then they would get a skittle. So Daniel and Craig made and very detailed list of what should be cleaned in their room. Ashton and Nathan had me write down and draw little pictures of what they thought needed to be cleaned in their room. They all got a skittle. Then they posted the list and cleaned everything on it. So I gave them all another skittle. We did this for each room in the house. The kids came up with the list and then cleaned. Now they know exactly what needs to be done in a room if I ask them to clean it. If they do a good job and get everything done on the list they will get a skittle. They were very excited about the whole idea.




Child labor at its best!




When Dave came home the kids showed him what they had done and told him their reward. Dave's was stunned. He said, "One skittle! As your manager I would tell you to hold out for more." I tried to explain it was one skittle for each room and that they do more then one room everyday for cleaning. He just gave me a funny look. So we decided that they will get 4 skittles for each room that is cleaned. I must be cheap. But they were thrilled until Dave explained that they were getting robbed. This way I hope that they will be able to do their jobs without me having to point out each tiny thing in the room that they missed. I am hopeful that it will help to keep a nice environment in the home while we clean. I will let you know if it work.

2 comments:

Lhone said...

way to ruin it, dave. let me know if it works, I think my kids are in the stage of needing every little thing pointed out. frustrating!

Mom said...

So, the kids have a manager. How many skittles do they pay their manager?