Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Sacred Grove







The Sacred Grove



The most amazing experience of our trip was going to the Sacred Grove. It is a hard experience to describe. Dave said that it felt like we were in the Celestial Room of the temple but with our children. I thought that was pretty accurate. I felt like it was a little piece of Heaven. The grove was so beautiful and the spirit was so strong. We also had our little family all together. It felt exactly like I imagine Heaven to be.
Entering the Sacred Grove.

Walking the grounds.





Ashton's quest for leaves. Which she wasn't suppose to pick.

I turned around at one point to find Craig pretending to be Joseph Smith.

The family.

We asked the kids later if they liked the Sacred Grove. They all loved it. They had a hard time describing what they felt but they used words like peaceful, happy, pretty, amazing... I am go grateful that we were able to be here.

We were told that President Hinckley called it the 2nd most sacred place on earth. The first being the Garden of Gethsemane.

My favorite picture of the Sacred Grove.

3 comments:

Lhone said...

what great pics. it looked like a better weather day than the day you went to the hill cumorah!! You have just blogged in one week what I still hope to do sometime in my life. jealous!

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Those are amazing pictures of an amazing experience!

Michelle said...

I am jealous.