Sunday, July 25, 2010

24th of July play

This year we celebrated the 24th of July by having the kids put on a play. They depicted the life of a pioneer family crossing the plains (Ashton and Nathan). The first packed their wagon with food, water, scriptures and a journal. The they hooked up the oxen (Daniel) and headed west. While traveling they encounter problem like big rocks and boulders in the way and the baby dieing. In the end they made it to Utah and they all lived happily ever after. (Craig was the narrator)
As they finish packing the family gets ready to leave west. (Good thing the narrator helps put the top of the wagon on.)








Ashton is riding in the wagon while working on writing in her journal. What a good pioneer.









The baby died and Nathan (the father) is burying her. The poor Mother (Ashton) in the background looks on mournfully. Even the oxen is a part of the funeral.








After they arrived in Utah we celebrated by having yummy chocolate chip cookies that Dave made. What a fun family home evening. I love having creative kids.

4 comments:

Lhone said...

who came up with the idea? that WAS creative!

Cynthia Hatch said...

Earlier this week the kids were bored (since they couldn't swim because of all the weather). So they came up with the idea of putting on a play for me. Today I asked if they would make a play on the poineers. They went in their room and came up with the props, clothes, and words all on their own. So I guess you could say that I stole their ealier idea and had them do it again.

Mom said...

You do such fun family things. This will be one to remember. Did the ward do anything for the 24th?

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

What a fun idea. Wish I could have seen it. Thanks for sharing it on your blog. We love you.