Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Waiting...




We had made it to Connecticut and to a hotel. I now had to entertain the children for a week while we waited and waited and waited for our stuff to arrive. Dave had to work so I was careless with a group of board, tired, and sad kids. What is a mother to do?



Well, I decided we would walk to the mall (it wasn't very far) and look around. We spent most of our time at the book store, the play area, the food court, and on the carousal.
Here are me, Ashton, and Nathan on the carousal.

These are the kids playing. If you notice Craig is on top of the bucket, Ashton is in pink running, and Nathan is in the back climbing. Poor Daniel decided he was too big for the carousal and the play area. Is this why teenagers are always bored?


I spent many hours here trying to run the kids energy out. Is that even possible?

I also utilized the hotel swimming pool. Went went swimming almost everyday. The kids had a blast and never wanted to leave. Even if they were about to drop dead of exhaustion they would complain when I said it was time to go.


Daniel and Craig were quite proud that they could go upside down and stick their legs out of the water. What is funny is that I remember doing the same thing as a kids and yelling to my Mom, "Look what I can do Mom!" Just like my boys do to me now. Is this an example of the circle of life?
Ashton is learning to swim with her face under the water. What a big girl!






My brothers and sister, my best friends!


The week went by with a lot of fun time, a lot of tired times, and some sad time. One night Craig came into our room after everyone was asleep and just burst into tears. I let him climb in bed with us and cry it out. Then Dave turned on the TV to a Dodgers baseball game and he seemed to feel a lot better. Other kids have had little moments and Ashton has melted down quite often. But all in all they have been such troupers. I couldn't have asked for more.

2 comments:

Mom said...

The move looked impossible. Glad you had movers to do all the carrying, but still an impossible task.

The kids looked like they had fun things to do every day. Good job mom. It will be memories when they are your age and trying to entertain their bored kids.

And yes, teenagers are bored about everything that is family oriented. good luck for the next few years.
Love Mom

Lhone said...

well I feel like i know what you were up too all this time. sounds like a fun time, but i bet it was stressful for you. It always looks really pretty in the pictures outside. And, what a cool play area. I hope it picks up for you guys, and you can really get settled in. Keep blogging!