Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wanting to spend time with everyone

With us moving so soon the kids and I seem to be trying to spend every moment with our friends and family. The boys are basically living with their friends. I am not much better with my Mom, sisters, and friends.

I have been lucky to take the time to play with Lynette (my best friend from high school) last week. We went out to eat and decided to take our time having appetizers, main dish, and dessert and different places. It is a fun way to do dinner! Yesterday Elyssa (my best friend in the neighborhood) and I got our toes done. Yea!!! This is a new favorite thing of mine. I will have to find a place close to my new home for this little luxury. I love having my feet pampered. Elyssa and I enjoyed a relaxing 2 hours together and it really helped my to have a break from this week of craziness.

This move is so hard to do. I know it is the right thing but it truly brakes my heart to watch the kids with their friends and to completely understand because I feel the same way.

Nathan was so excited yesterday because he went on a bike ride with his friends and they went to the pharmacy to buy some candy. He rode his friends bike that didn't have training wheels. We have worked on him riding his bike for years and he has never been very comfortable with it. But yesterday he did it! (Although I almost ran him over when Elyssa and I were leaving. He rode his bike into the middle of the road right in front of us!) Sometimes it is amazing our kids live to be adults. Last night the boys played night games until 10:30 p.m. They seemed to have a blast. I remember night games as a kid, so it is fun to see them doing it. Daniel also got to bachelor pad it last night with his friend Scott. They ate dinner and played PS3 all on their own. The other three kids were at their friends eating over. I went to Mom & Dad's for my dinner. Does it look like we are trying to suck in all the love? Yep! Nathan and his friends T.J. & Ford can't spend a day apart. Craig and his friend "Bubba" are basically glued at the hip. Daniel had his group of boys he hangs out with (mostly Scott) and he also has a girl Heidi who he talks to on the phone and who he invited to our going away party (so cute!). Ashton even has two little girls she plays with almost every day. Not to mention all of our cousins, Aunts and Uncles, Grandmas and Grandpas.

How can we leave? The lord must have a plan. I sure hope it is a good one.

Today I am going to forget about my house and what needs to be done and go play with Mom. Don't know what our plans are but I can't wait...

The kids are killing me -- I asked them to quickly clean the house before I leave and they get to spend the day with Grandpa. Instead they are fighting and slowly moving. (grrr) Lucky for them I know that they are usually really hard workers and I know that most kids don't help as much as they do. So I am trying to be patient. We will have to see how long that will last. Hahaha

No comments: