Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Flying high!





We arrived at the airport a couple of hours before the plane left. I wanted to make sure we had ample time to get through security. Who knows what will happen with Nathan and all of his medicine and needles. Luckily we had absolutely no problems and went right through. Since we had some extra time we decided to eat lunch there. This served a couple of purposes, one was to feed us and the seconds was to keep the kids relaxed. We had a couple of them that were worried about the flight (Nathan and Daniel).




At the end of lunch we all decided to get ice cream. Dad got a brownie Sunday. We had no idea how big it was going to be!

Good thing we had some boys who were willing to eat their ice cream and then come over and help finish Dad's.

In no time at all it was time to leave. At this point everyone was either excited (Craig & Ashton) or nervous (Daniel & Nathan). Dave and I were just bracing for a long day.

The flight attendant noticed that Nathan was nervous (maybe because he was holding on for dear life as we took off -- white knuckles and everything) so she gave him some chips and the task of dividing them up to the family. So smart! It really took his mind off of things. Ashton mainly enjoyed listening to music on the plane. We often found her just jammin.

After a few hours we arrived in Dallas Texas (I know, is this on the way to Connecticut?) for a short layover. The kids were mostly excited about riding the train to where we were going to take off.
It is wonderful when simple things make the kids so happy!

Soon we were off again. This flight landed at about 12:30 a.m. with a very tired group. I was just grateful that we were there and would soon be in the hotel sleeping...NOPE!
Dave couldn't remember where he had parked. He had saved the info on his phone but of course for some reason it wasn't working. So we spent the next little while walking around the parking lot looking for it. Finally we decided that the kids and I would wait in one spot while Dave found the car. They were so tired. Ashton was very sad. She is fortunate to have a loving older brother, Daniel, who was willing to carry her around on her seat while we waited for Dad. Always the little princess!
Dave found the Mountaineer and came to get us. At this point he realized that the nobe that turns on our headlights had fallen off. So he and I spent another 15 minutes or so looking all over for it. I sighed with relief when I finally found it. Now we were off to the hotel...Sleep!
We got there after 2 a.m. and went to check in when they said that they no longer had our rooms. WHAT!!! We had reserved 2 adjoining rooms and now they only had two rooms on different floors. grrr So we decided to take it for the night and get it fixed the next day. Dave and I each took half of the kids and finally went to sleep.
We have successfully arrived in Connecticut!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh My Gosh, how hard to get from point A to point B. the kids looked like champs. You took great pictures while trying to herd kids around. You would never know that there were any problems. You all look like you were having the time of your life. I'm so glad to be able to see the process of you flying to Ct (I'm tired of trying to spell it so from now on, it is just CT). We kept our state name simple, 4 letters. Thanks for all your hard work in making this move as fun and easy for the kids as possible. You are an excellent mom
Love Mom