Monday, June 21, 2010

The movers are here!

What a whirlwind of a weekend and now the work begins. I spent weeks going through the house. Then the last few day were filled with very early mornings and late nights. The movers have finally arrived with a great big truck. It is real. We are moving. Suddenly I feel like I can take a breath and sit. I am not the one having to work! I have run and run and run for so long that to sit and watch feels weird.



Let the packing begin!




Sooooo glad we didn't have to do this!!!

The time has come to say our last goodbyes.


Ashton and I are saying goodbye to our good friend Elyssa

It was really sad for me to say goodbye, but then watching Ashton just broke my heart. She was so sad that she just cried. Elyssa is not only my friend but Ashton considers her a friend too. Ashton would run over to her house to just say hi all of the time. She of course loves Elyssa's bunny! I have had many conversations about how boon is doing and if we need to make sure he is being feed and cared for. Poor Ashton, it is hard to say goodbye.
Saying goodbye to the Hullinger's wasn't any easier. They have really become great friends to our family. By this point Ashton was just done saying goodbye. Poor Craig, I felt like his little heart would rip in two. He has a little picture of "Bubba" and kept looking at it as we drove away.
Saying goodbye to our Home! Living here has been the first time that I felt like this was my home, my ward, my friends... In the past it has always been Dean & Cindy's or Tammy's space. I loved my space here. Our time here was great and it was the ideal home and neighborhood that I have always wanted. We finally had it and now it is time to leave. ??? Sometimes it is hard to just have faith in the Lord and do what we know is right.



Here are my flowers. If you look at them far away they actually don't look that good, but up close they do. I hope the new people like them. (Actually I really planted them for Elyssa. This way it isn't ugly right next to her home)
Last of all we said goodbye to Grandma Cadina.

The time has come to wave goodbye, wipe our tears, and move on to our new adventure.
Love You!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

So sad, but in later years, you will be able to look back at these pictures and have great memories. We never grow if we never move--Never change. The kids will have such a learning adventure. CT will be full of new things to experience. So much history of the US to learn and really know where those events took place. The same with the church history. You have access to so much of the early church history. And again, by putting a place with the facts, will make it more real. This move will be good for all of you. Love Mom