Friday night Kelly and Morden came over to play for the weekend. The boys had all gone outside to play at friends. The house was so nice and quiet. Kelly and I relaxed, talked, and laughed. So fun! The subject turned to adult conversation that married women talk about. When after awhile we heard a sound. I said, "That was sure a weird sound." Kelly responded, "Yea, I think it was a sneeze!" ... Dead silence for a moment ... I decided that we better find out. I called out, "Boys???" Daniel answers back, "Yes". !!! The little tard wasn't gone. He was quietly sitting in his room with the door open listening to every word. So I called him in and apologized. He said it was no big deal but that he was "a little embarrassed". Me too!
Poor Kelly was so embarrassed. We decided to let Daniel play PS3 and headed out for a drive. I went by the neighbors house to let the mother know that we would be gone for about 30 minutes and here was our cell phone # if she needed to reach me. So we enjoyed a nice drive. When we came home we went into my room and hung out. Mostly just chatting and looking at cook books. At about 10 p.m. we came out to get the kids ready for bed. I looked around and only saw Daniel and Morden. I asked the boys where Craig, Nathan, and Ashton were. Turns out they had never come home from their friends house and I didn't even realize.
Daniel says, "She thought you were gone and so is waiting for you to call her before she sends the kids home." What! I had been home for hours. I asked Daniel when he talked to her because we had been home a long time and he knew it. He said he wasn't sure when he talked to her. After a little more grilling he finally said that he hadn't talked to her. ??? What is going on? He said that he was just guessing what she might be thinking. He said, "I didn't want you to go without any knowledge." Just exactly what knowledge is he imparting when he is just pulling stuff out of the air?
Needless to say it didn't look good regardless. It was after 10:00 p.m. and my children weren't home (even my 4 year old). So we drove over and I apologized about loosing track of time and not getting my kids. Ashton was already bathed (a swim suit bath with her 2 friend) and ready for bed. Woops!
Luckily my neighbor is awesome and my kids just love their family. She was still going strong and having fun with everyone.
2 comments:
ok, now you are starting to sound like me...forgetting kids, talking about things you shouldn't in front of kids...haha.. i knew we get along for a reason.
It is a good thing I have set the "Mom bar" really low. This is definitely that I would, and have done. Kevin has never forgiven me for leaving him at his baseball practice in the rain across town when he was little. Or the time I dropped him off at the grocery store, ran to get a soda, and then drove past him to home. I eventually remembered him.
Post a Comment