Yesterday was Memorial Day. I decided to let each of the kids buy a plant for Auntie Tammy and plant the garden dedicated to her at my Mom's house. Ashton was very excited about the idea. She picked out her flower and then planted it in the garden. When she was done she asked if we could go to Auntie Tammy's house now. I was startled at first and explained to her that Auntie Tammy had died. Then came a thousand question of why, how... Do I have a blood clot? Where is Auntie Tammy? Can Auntie Tammy hear me? Can I hear Auntie Tammy? We spent about 30 minutes Talking about Auntie Tammy. She wanted to know what her and Auntie Tammy used to do. What songs Auntie Tammy used to sing to her and so on. Then for the rest of the day she would just randomly bring it up again. When we went to bed she was snuggling with me when she asked, "How do I know if Auntie Tammy is blowing me butterfly kisses?" I told her that when ever she feels snugly inside then Auntie Tammy is blowing butterfly kisses. I asked her if she felt snugly inside right then. She said, "No!" So I gave her a big hug and told her to tell me when she felt snugly. After a couple of minutes she said that she felt snugly inside. I told her that Auntie must have just blown her a kiss.
After Auntie Tammy died I took care of her garden that she loved. Here are pictures of the boys if front of her garden.

Daniel -- I remember Auntie Tammy's laugh. She laughed a lot when ever we were with her. I remember that we earned marbles by doing good things that day. When the jar was full we went to Chucky Cheese.

Nathan -- I remember that we always did scriptures with Auntie Tammy, Roland, and Winston. She always did nice things for us like take us to the carnival. It was my first time being at a carnival.

Craig -- i remember that she was the best cook. I really liked her spaghetti and homemade pizza. After we read scriptures together she would give us treats. She bought us lots of water guns so we could have big water gun fights.

Ashton -- I remember Auntie Tammy used to rock me to sleep and sing to me.
Later that summer I entered her flowers into the contest over Onion Days. I dedicated the Asters display to her. They won first place!

This weekend was all about me, my sisters, and my Mom. I am very grateful that yesterday I got to spend time thinking about and remembering my sister Tammy as well. I know that she will be able to watch over me no matter where I live. Love Cindy
1 comment:
I love your memories. Aunty Tammy had such fun ideas, like earning marbles to go to Chucky Cheese. And going to the carnival must have been way fun! And she did have a great laugh that made us all laugh too. Reading scriptures was very important to Aunty Tammy and Uncle Tom. I'm glad they have helped to teach you to love to read.
Post a Comment