Hello everyone, I have been wanting to update my blog for a while but our computer wasn't working. Then yesterday I went to update it and realized that all of my pictures are still on the camera that is with Dave in Texas. grrr. Then today I lost my mind and put in the wrong email address to sign into my account and of course it wouldn't work. So with lots of time and effort I was able to over ride it and put in a new password with that wrong email and put it onto this blog. I then realized I was not Diego. Woops. So I have completely messed him up. Since I changed his password on his email account as well as blog account. Well I now have my sight up and working and hope he will be able to work out the problems I created for him. woops!
I have wanted to update our life since so much has been going on. When I get the pictures back from Dave I will. Mostly just for me since all of you know that we are moving to Connecticut soon. Which is a huge change. But also that Nathan has Addison's disease and type 1 Diabetes. For me right now this has been the biggest change in our live. But for now I am just going to write about this week.
It started out with Nathan throwing up at about 11:00p.m. Saturday night. I knew that when he is sick we are suppose to triple his Addison's medicine. But since I had already given him medicine at about 8:30 that night I thought I would need to triple his morning medicine. So poor Nathan continued to be sick 8 or 9 times that night and looked pretty bad in the morning. At about 7:00a.m. I called the doctors to make sure I did his medicine correct. At that point they told me that I was suppose to triple the medicine right when he threw up at 11:00p.m. and not wait for the next dose. That his body can go into a crisis state with in hours and he had been sick for about 8 hours. The doctor on call asked be to give him the emergency shot for Addison's. ??? I had no idea what she was talking about. I have emergency stuff for diabetes but not for Addison's. She then told me to immediately get him to the closest emergency room and have the Doctor there call her so she could give them specific instructions. This scared the crap out of me. All I could think was that because I didn't do the right thing he was in danger again. Once we got there they were able to get him stabilized and get him the medicine he needed. They then taught me how to give him an emergency shot of steroids for the next time he is sick. The shot is pretty intense. It is a big and long. I will have to stab it into the middle of his leg. I asked the nurse if it would hit his leg bone. She said it shouldn't but that if it does to just pull back a little. That did not bring me comfort. But for now Nathan is doing well.
So the flu has been spreading through the family. Wednesday was a lovely morning as Daniel woke up and went running to the bathroom to barf. The door was closed. No one was inside so he could have just opened the door and went in. NO, instead he threw up all over the bathroom door and hallway wall and floor. I was not happy. Ashton has also been sick but not to bad just for about 1 day. Craig took his turn and has been sick for about 3 days. Then yesterday I started. Not fun.
I always wonder why we are sick every time Dave is out of town. He left for Texas Sunday afternoon. (I know the same day we were with Nathan in the hospital. We had already brought Nathan home and knew he was going to be OK before Dave left.) He will be gone a total of 2 weeks. We will get to see him over Memorial weekend. Then he will leave again for Connecticut and be back in time to help us move on June 21st-23rd.
Wednesday I took Ashton to the Doctors to get her pre-kindergarten check up. (I still can't believe I will have to send her). She was so funny. She loved getting her eyes checked and everything. Then at the end Dr. Clark said, "I think we are all done except for the shot." He left to get the nurse and Ashton looks at me with the most bewildered face and says, "Did he just say SHOT!" It was so funny that I had to laugh. She did not think it was funny but at least we are all ready for school.
Well that is it for today. Love you all. Cindy
1 comment:
I know what you mean about the kids all getting sick when dave is gone. Blaine leaves and i prepare for the worst, and usualy find it. That sure is scary about Nathan. Whenever the kids are sick its bad, but when they have other things already to deal with, its just really scary. sorry it was such a rough week.
Post a Comment