Saturday, May 29, 2010

Connecticut

The first week of May Dave and I were off to Connecticut to find our new home. I think! This time it was not spring break so we enlisted the help of our friends. Daniel went and stayed with the Whitman's. They have a son, Scott, who is Daniel's good friend. Craig and Ashton stayed with the Hullinger's. Craig's best friend "Bubba" lives there and they have 2 daughters Ashton's age. Then Nathan Stayed with the Jone's. They have a son who is close to Nathan's age and who also had Diabetes. With the kids all happy and safe at their friends Dave and I could leave without having to worry.

Grandma Cadina and I spent many hours looking up house and condo rentals in the area and printing out detailed maps. This really made it a lot easier while we were there. We looked at some nice houses but they seemed to be too remote. I didn't want the kids to feel like they would in the middle of a woods with no friends around. I also need a grocery store kind of close by. As we worked our way closer to Manchester the quality of the homes and condos went down (at least for our price range). When we looked in Manchester itself (which I didn't think I would like because I hate large cities) we found a very nice condo in our price range. It is in very nice condition and has a ton of things for our family to do. Dave loves how close it is to his work (about 4 blocks). I am happy with how close the stores are. The schools seem like they should work. Well, I am still not sure about the elementary school. It is a little ghetto. But I told Dave that I would give it a chance. On the other hand Craig's school is a rich boys school. He should have a good time there. Then Daniel's school falls in the middle, totally average looking. Hopefully it will work out for all of them. Here are some pictures of our new place.




After we found our place we felt like we could enjoy our trip and do some tourist stuff. We headed to the coast and stopped in a town called Mystic. Grandma and Grandpa Cadina had once been there so I wanted to see it. The ocean was beautiful and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner right on the coast. Dave told me this was my Mother's Day dinner. I agreed! I had the best steak I have ever had in my life.


Dad is touching the Atlantic Ocean for the first time!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Cynthia: I have enjoyed all your recent write-ups and am glad to see you blogging again. Congratuations to David on his promotion. Just wait until he see's the Atlantic come winter ... it's awesome! Not at all like the California beaches he grew up on.

Mom said...

You won't mind if I just curl up in one of your suitcases. I loved Mystic and the whole Atlantic coast (well, the parts we saw). Makes me want to have lobster and crab. Even McDonald's has lobster sandwiches.

Lhone said...

wow, the condo looks even nicer than you described it. that looks like a 5 star resort. i bet your family will love it.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

What a great place! Before you know it, you'll be calling it home and say you're from Connecticut.