Friday, January 28, 2011

Utah Trip -- Friends

I was able to go on a fun "Date Night" - Hahaha - with my friend Lynette. When we planned a night out I told her we could be out as late as we wanted. We could even be as late as 2:00 am. Then we laughed and wondered what a couple of old ladies like us would do until 2:00 am. Apparently a couple of old ladies can talk and talk and talk. I got back at 1:30 am and poor Lynette would have gotten home after 2:00 am.

While chatting we ended up talking about the infamous story of the "phantom K-mart". First I have to state that we are horrible at driving and talking. Apparently we can't do both at the same time. One time in our early 20's we had gone up to Salt Lake for a fun night out. It was dark when we left and we ending up taking a wrong freeway exit. The next thing we knew we were in the mountains and had no idea what to do. There were no towns...nothing. We finally decided to take the next exit even though it seemed to go no where. We circled around on that road until all of a sudden there was a K-mart. Weird. Who would shop at this store? No towns, no houses, no people... We stopped and went in. As we walked in a man approached us and said, "You guys look lost, can I help you find something?" We said, "Yes, Provo!" He was able to give us direction and get us back on the right path. To this day we want to see if there is actually a K-mart out in the middle of nowhere but we are not brave enough to go looking for it.

Near the end of our trip Ashton was able to have a play date with two of her friends Camille and Kendall. She was so excited. When she came back I heard how much fun she had jumping on a snowy trampoline. I was also able to have a "play date" with my friend Elyssa. Ashton would think we were boring since we just talked and talked and talked. It was so wonderful to touch basis with old friends and keep them in my life. I am truly blessed.

No comments: