Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas


I love this picture. It perfectly represents our Christmas. The beauty of the tree, the presents given with love, and Christ. I was very worried at the beginning of this Christmas season. Would the kids feel like they had enough? Would we (or me) be sad because we weren't with family. Would I feel isolated and alone? Would we feel the love of others and the love of our savior?

Through out this past month there have been many times that I felt little miracles. Dave and I were able to purchase more then expected because of deals and discounts. A friend was going through and letting go of some of her kids toys and gave them to us. Another friend surprised us and gave new wrapped toys to put under the tree. We were helped with getting our fish. Craig got his guitar. Nathan was given an eye exam and new glasses. We also played, laughed, and had fun with friends. We were completely circled by love. Did I miss family. Yes. Did I feel isolated and alone...NO. Through others the Lord has really blessed our family.

When I look at this picture I see all of the love given to our family. I feel grateful and humbled. I see the Lords hand in our lives. This was truly a wonderful Christmas.

The kids were soooo excited for Santa to come. They were up and down all night long waiting for 6:30 am. Daniel and Craig woke up at 1:30 am. and then Nathan got up at 2:00 am. They all finally fell back asleep and then were back up by 4:00 am. Nathan fell back asleep at about 5:00 am. I got up at 5:15 am. and relaxed with the boys. Nathan was up again at 6:00 am. and I finally let them wake up Dad and Ashton at 6:30 am. Wow! There must be some excited kids. Hahahaha

Everyone had fun unwrapping gifts.

Ashton was so excited for her new gymnastics leotard,

Nathan got some castle action figures,

Daniel got a new jacket,

and of course Daniel and Craig LOVE their new cell phones!


Daniel's and Craig's big gift this years was camping backpacks. They will use them every month when they go camping with the scouts. The boys were thrilled because they look like the backpack Bear Grills wears on all of his survival adventures. (Yes we love the discovery channel)

Ashton was thrilled with her new monkey, Brianna, and all of her new little pets shop and squinkie stuff. She has been quietly playing with them all weekend. Well I guess she usually quietly plays anyway. Heehee

Nathan received a Lego board game called "Minotaurus". We have all really enjoyed playing it. I recommend it to anyone. It has been a family hit.

We also opened some great family gifts. The kids have been loving the PS3 family night games and the PS3 move. The other great family gift was given to us by Grandma and Grandpa Hatch. A Web Camera! We had a lot of fun using it Christmas day to see all of the Hatches. For anyone one else who has a Web Camera we would love to visit with you as well.

This has been a wonderful Christmas! My one hope is that I have been able to give back to others. I will look for ways to express my love to all of you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Lhone said...

I am so glad it worked out so well for you. Friends are wonderful! I am happy you aren't too lonely especially at this time. It's neat how the Lord teaches and blesses at the same time. And, cell phones? Don't tell Brandon. We have him convinced that he gets one when he is driving.

Tanya said...

Merry Christmas! Your tree is lovely! I'm glad you had such an enjoyable (if early) Christmas with your family.