Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorating for Christmas!

We had a great time decorating the house and tree for Christmas. I love listening to Christmas music and watching the kids be so excited. This year they were really good at decorating. I didn't rearrange any of the ornaments on the tree, they put up the train and snow all on their own, and they were a big help with the garland. Impressive.
The kids lined up while I handed out ornaments. They received some helpful advice like, "Don't put it next to the same kind of ornament. Remember to decorate the inside and outside of the tree (gives it some depth). Decorate all over the tree...up, down, front, sides, back."




Decorating the Christmas Tree!



TaDa!!! Does my tree look really really tiny or are the kids just getting huge!

Here comes the train...Toot! Toot!







We hung up some garland...









set out the nativity set...







and put other fun Christmas decorations up all around the house.

I love a close up look at all of the decorations.

As I put decorations up around the house I started to feel very close to all of you. Cindy (Grandma Hatch) helped me make our Christmas wreath, Lisa and I made my basket with poinsettia in it for enrichment (I still remember how stressful it is to be in charge of those!), Tammy bought me the girls caroling and snowmen ornaments to match (I had to smile when I put them out and also had a little cry...miss her). Great-Grandma Mosley made our stockings, some ornaments, and other decorations. I even have some of Great-Great-Grandma's stuff. I told the kids how I used to lay them on a blanket or a bouncer and slide them under the Christmas tree when they were babies. The kids loved looking at all of the lights from underneath. I joined them a few times and it is beautiful. I was remembering decorating the Christmas tree as kids on Christmas Eve. Going to Great-Grandpa Hatches for Christmas day with my kids. Watching the California Raisins sing about Christmas. Don't forget the camels!!! (Kelly, Sean, and I were great at it). Remembering Christmas Eve talent shows. Who can forget the plays we would put on as kids. "Luke I am your father!" (How did that fit into a Christmas play?) Singing Christmas songs (still remember how amazing Morden was!). Temple Square. Waking up at 6:30 am. Turning the clocks back -- Dad was never fooled. Throwing up on Kelly...Sorry. Craig throwing up (I sure it was pay back for when I was a kid). Reading the story of Jesus birth. Spending forever trying to pick out just the right gift for someone. Cookies (Dean would let us all pick our favorite cookie and then make it. Yum!) Sleeping together in one bed. Checking out the presents in the middle of the night... Love, laughter, and fun. Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

aww, I love your Christmas! especially the train around the tree! :)
We don't get to do that til Sunday.

Michelle said...

I am jealous. We haven't decorated yet and I don't know when it will happen. Your post just makes me want to drop everything and do it. First I need Brett back from Boston to get the bins down. Your decorations are beautiful. I love the sentiment behind them. Meaning adds so much to the holiday.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Once again, your home is decorated beautifully. It all looks so nice. We sure have fun memories of having you and your kids at our house for Christmas. Fun, fun, fun...

Lhone said...

You have the nicest ornaments. I am totally impressed with how well you always decorate. I had some of the same thoughts as I pulled out things to decorate. I think having family involved decorations really do inhance the meaning behind them. We miss you guys.

Mom said...

I love seeing the kids decorating the tree and house. Makes me miss you even more. But so fun to watch your family making memories and traditions. I loved the memories you wrote about. And yes, the camels were sooo funny! The California Raisins did the funniest Christmas show ever. And we still laugh at you and your siblings interpretation of the show. Luke I am your father--hehehe.

Heather - said...

Beautiful decorations, and I love the memories you wrote about. Your kids did a great job.