Saturday, September 25, 2010
Yale Peabody Museum
Nathan loves dinosaurs, so we honored this on his birthday weekend by going to the Yale Peabody Museum. It was really amazing. They had dinosaurs, mammals, birds, minerals & rocks, Egypt stuff & so much more. Here are some of our favorite things there.

Our favorite was of course the dinosaur area. They are amazing! When we finished the museum we decided to go back to the dinosaurs for another look.
Here is something I learned at the museum. See how the velociraptor is shown here. (This is how most people view them because of Jurassic Park) Well they think it is wrong. They have found these type of bones with fossils of feathers. They now believe it looks more like a scary prowling bird. Also they believe the arms are wrong. They do not believe they are in front like T-Rex but on the side like a bird. They have the bones how they now believe they looked and acted. You have now learned something today. No need to read or enhance your mind any further. Your welcome!


Big heads! I was talking about the boys of course. Hehehe.

The Stegosaurus were Dave's favorite thing. He was amazed by them.
The mammal area made me laugh. It was like we walked right into "Ice Age". There was Manny, Diego, Sid, Scrat, and other random animals that were on the show. Someone must have sat in a room like this before they made the movie. Hahaha.

Ashton loved this giant moose.

Daniel looks a little nervous in the Egypt area. Maybe he was concerned they would come back to life or something. Too many movies.

Here is an actual preserved mummy. Gross!

In the end I felt like a great Mom. Fun family activity and educational. Who can ask for anything more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I WANT TO GO!!! That is a museum I would love. yeah, I'm pretty much a nerd like that. Totally a great mom for taking your kids.
What a great birthday. First Chuckie Cheese, then Peabody. So Cooool! Loved the picture with Nathan in the mouth of who-knows-what.
You win the Mom of the month award, well shared with Debbie since she did let her kids run in a mud race. What fun experiences you guys are having! Miss you tons!!!
Post a Comment