Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dave's Birthday?...Labor Day

This weekend was Dave's Birthday. Number 37. It was hard to celebrate this year because Dave bought his own gift 3 weeks ago, a PS3 Football game. Then said no to any ideas for a fun activity that I came up with. So the poor guy ended up being able to watch BYU Football Saturday night (would have anyway), had the missionaries over Sunday (not fun for him), and got to play PS3 Monday morning (he wanted to relax all day). Not the best birthday weekend but... He wanted to stay home all day but after a "discussion" we decided that the kids deserved to do something on Labor Day. So we went to a beautiful water fall and then on a hike. We forgot the camera but luckily Dave has his cell phone so we were still able to get a few pictures.
Daniel and Craig were at the top of the waterfall. There were little pools of water up there that you could jump in and play. Don't go by the edge!

Ashton and Nathan at the bottom of the waterfall. Ashton was jumping around from rock to rock giving Dave and I heart attacks.

This was the starting point for our hike. It was suppose to be a small hike to a "vista". Sounded great. I AM OUT OF SHAPE!!! We hiked up and down the forest (mostly up) for a very very long time. I started to get worried that we were on the wrong trail. There had been a couple of forks on the path. Were we just wondering aimlessly? Dave decided that he would run ahead and see if the "vista" was just over the next hill. I kept trucking along with the kids. The thought came into my head that I could be lost in the forest with the kids by myself. Hmmm. After about 15 minutes Dave came running back and said we were close. YEAH! It was beautiful. Well worth it!
I love this picture of the kids.

3 comments:

Lhone said...

you guys are doing everything. those waterfalls would have given me heart attacks. Its all fun and games till kids are involved. yikes. looks pretty though.

Mom said...

Happy birthday Dave. It sounds like you had the perfect birthday. And the waterfall and hike seems like it was icing on the cake. Did you race back home to the PS3? And you got your fantasy football drafted. Yea!

Andrea said...

I'm with you and Lisa, that would give me a heart atack as well. Whew!