Sunday, October 10, 2010

Spontaneous dinner

I was talking with the missionaries today at church. We normally feed them every Fast Sunday, but being in nursery I didn't get the chance to sign up. Turns out no one was feeding them so I volunteered. Now what do we have to eat? We have some chicken, some potatoes, carrots or corn...pumpkin pie that Ashton helped to make (crust is not the best and they forgot to put in cloves). Also the house is a mess. Now I am wondering if I should have offered. Hahaha. Here is to our spontaneous dinner!

4 comments:

Heather - said...

Awesome :) You're a great cook, so I'm sure you'll come up with something good. Plus, feeding the missionaries isn't just about the food. It's about having them in your home, sharing the Spirit with each other, and your boys getting excited about serving their own missions.
Good for you for volunteering!

Michelle said...

They don't always need something nice and balance. Go simple like breakfast. Pancakes or waffles. Something your boys would enjoy but is not "guest" food. They would eat it anyway and be grateful. Soup and grilled cheese!

Lhone said...

good luck. that was brave of you to offer. is this going to be like the loaves and fishes? make an awesome something out of nothing?

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Congratulations, I'm surprised you had that much good food to offer!