Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Things to do today.

My dryer was fixed yesterday. Now I have to tackle the mountains (notice the plural) of laundry. Oh my!

Take care of poor Craig who is being driven crazy by some allergic reaction.
This is not the best picture of it. Craig has some allergic reaction to who knows what. His neck is very red, raised and swollen. He is itching like crazy (which of coarse he isn't actually suppose to itch it so he is going insane!). I took him to the Dr. yesterday and when I put the medicine cream on it stings and makes it itch more! He is in misery. This morning it looks like it might me spreading to the front of his neck and up a little on his face. The Dr. also wasn't sure it was an allergic reaction and said it might be contagious. WHAT! So everyone is washing their hands a ton, especially Craig. Then last night Craig slept in Nathan's bed and this morning I realized I was going to have to wash all of Craig's and Nathan's bedding. MORE LAUNDRY!

Watch Nathan's blood. Nathan's blood has been filled with a lot of ups and downs. Lately it has been all ups. We can not seem to get his blood under control. Yesterday I was worried about him at school and at lunch the nurse called to go over his insulin. He was of course high. A little after 2:00 pm. I was leaving the Dr. office with Craig. I had a feeling that I should go over to the school and check on Nathan (his school is only a block away from the Dr.). But earlier I had called and left a message for the nurse and she hadn't gotten back to me. So no news is good news right. I also had my friend Diana volunteering at the school. I texted her and she happened to see Nathan right then heading into an assembly. She said he looked great and he told her he felt fine. So I drove home, walked up 3 flights of stairs, sat down when the phone rang. It was the school nurse. Nathan's blood was at 585 (It is suppose to be under 150 -- people can go into a diabetic coma over 500) and I needed to get to the school quickly. I arrived and gave him insulin immediately. The nurse said she saw Nathan enter the assembly and he looked great. Then a few minutes later she had a really bad feeling that she needed to check on Nathan. (I'm sure this is when I drove away not listening to my prompting. The Lord figured he needed to impress someone who would listen.) She pulled Nathan out of the assembly and had him test his blood. That was when she found out how high he was. I called Yale and we are completely changing his meds again. I now have to call them every single day until we get the poor guy figured out.

Put lights on the Christmas tree. We were going to decorate it last night but some how between repair men, Doctors, and Nathan I didn't get the lights on. Family home evening can always be on a Tuesday right.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cindy,
Sorry things are so crazy right now... Thoughts and prayers yourway that kids medical issues will get ironed out or at least managable!!! big hugs!

Lhone said...

holy cow. it never ends for you. so sorry you have all this to deal with.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Wow, those are high numbers. I'm so glad Yale is helping you figure this all out. I'm surprised Nathan was feeling/looking so good going into the assembly. Scarey.

Heather - said...

I hope that you can get Nathan's blood all figured out. I'm glad that you have such good doctors to work with. Sorry about everything else that has been going on.

Michelle said...

Anytime is a good time for FHE. Especially on difficult days!