Saturday, March 19, 2011

Remember the Journey

We did it!!! I was in charge of putting on the Relief Society Birthday program in my ward this year. I was totally stressed, but I think it turned out really well. I found a program by Jenny Phillips called Remember the Journey. So I bought the music and video clips that went with the program. Then I cut a bunch of stuff out, added a bunch of my own stuff, cut out a song and video, added a different song, and tada had a finished product that I was happy with. Hahaha.

There were a couple of points that I hope the women walked away with. First, as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Church history is your history. You don't have to have pioneer ancestry to feel connected to our Church history or to the Church. This is your history because you are a member.

Second, The journey of the pioneers has great spiritual symbolism of our own lives and the journey we are currently on. Instead of taking physical steps, we need to take constant, daily steps towards greater discipleship.

Last, just as the pioneers were rescued, we, too, have a rescuer. Our Savior Jesus Christ.

My friend Diana agreed to be the soloist and sang 3 different songs in the program. She was a Rock Star!!! Everyone loved her and was totally impressed. Me too! Thanks Diana!

Over all I am really happy with how it went and REALLY happy it is done. :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good for you!!! i'm singing in ours a week from thursday but yours sounds FANTASTIC!!! we still need to get together.. i'm thinking summer now sometime.. this winter has been brutal!!! hope all is going good!!!
hugs

Lhone said...

wow, that is impressive! I bet you did a great job. You always do on programs like that.

Heather - said...

Yay! Sounds like a great program :)

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Wish I could have been there. Glad it went so well. Enjoy today - it's over!!!!